Wednesday, September 3, 2008

False sense of .........

Security: How do we define it? and where does it come from? For most Americans we are lucky. Our days are not blanketed with war, violence, and hunger. For the majority, our days move and shake, and we don't worry about where we will get our next meal, or if we will make it safely home from work, we do what we do and go to bed and do it again. You are probably wondering where this comes from...well...my security and my families was shaken this past weekend....and this summer has given me many moments where i could really count my blessings.

My security lies in routine, family, friends, and this sense of purpose I have. (my relationship with God). I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, family that loves and supports me, and friends that hope and wish me well. I have it pretty damn good. But when those things get threatened or taken from you...it rocks your world. It can do many crazy things to you. The "Security" that we feel....is it what people call a "false sense of security?"....is it founded in the wrong things? or should we put "it" in ourselves and in our God! How do we conceptualize the idea or Feeling of being Safe? I wonder....if I have any answers over the next coming days...I will re post...for now...

Many questions...so little answers...so little time...food for thought!!

No comments: