
This a pic of me checking out sunset while I was in Portland, OR. I just thought I would share it...cause its beautiful.
In recent years, I have really tried to become a better listener(sometimes I still fail at listening). Listening is a skill that I am sure, not everyone has. Its not about hearing what people say, but its about ingesting who they are while they are saying it. Sounds weird...this I know, but think about it. How often to we ask people the question " Hey, how are you? " and not listen to the answer. Its a off the cuff greeting with nothing substantial response. How often do we pass up opportunities to tell people how they have impacted out lives? Why do we shy away from this honesty and purpose?
I think this what frightens people when i meet them. I listen and I remember conversations, encounters and ideas. I re account them and bring them back to conversation and ask questions, to show care and concern. I think this can be over whelming and I believe this kind of listening and response is a lost art.
Food for thought...for the Day!!! Think about how you conduct your conversations, How do they effect those around you? What is it that you do to not only enrich your own life, but those you come in contact with? I am not saying we all need to be as heady as i am, God knows...that could be tortuous, but I think we need to be more purposeful and the conversations and relationships we have...I think it would improve the quality of life not only for the individual...but also everyone around us.
I would love to here some thoughts about this....let me know!!
No comments:
Post a Comment