Monday, June 11, 2007
alone
loneliness....its something I struggle with...and its not just on one plain. To me its complex...the only heart that I truly understand and struggle with is my own. In my search for more I am driven back to my center. Where there is just me, alone with my thoughts, feelings and words. In moments where all the friends and family in the world could not make a difference. The silence i find in moments like this can be saddening and cause true pain. Pain that I have trouble expressing. It doesn't make me ill or make me depressed just perplexed and then saddened. I often wonder if others feel this type of loneliness. If they sometimes feel isolated, not by others...but by ones own thoughts. The need I feel for relationship is true, real, and deep. But how is one to find relationship with others and with God, when the one true relationship i am struggling with it seems.....is my own. Does anyone else see this problem...or does anyone else find fear in these thoughts. I am just wondering. I am not sure anyone reads these...but if you do...no worries...just thinking out loud. Wondering if the loneliness that can consume me in a crowded room...taunts anyone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man, you got it there. I often feel like this and I think it ties pretty well into your next post, above. The loneliness is hard and brought on by things we wouldn't normally expect, but it is needful at times (and not at other times...I tend to perpetuate my own loneliness longer than it needs to be) in order to see who we actually are and who God is.
Post a Comment