Saturday, January 26, 2008

adventures in education

Well its been a while since I have written on my blog and well...lots have gone on!! Traveling home for the holidays was a blast. catching up with family and friends is always a both a blessing and a gift. Much of what i did was eat sleep and talk. Which are things I do really well. Nothing in life besides prayer could replace fruitful conversation. It was a Christmas of nourishment, I was able to reconnect with family and friends that I had not seen in years...it was amazing. With all that being said...your probably wondering what I have learned or gained from it.

Well here's a short list.....

Nothing is as it seems....especially when you are a child.
God blesses us even when you don't realize it.
There are just some people you will always connect with no matter what.
Comfortable friendships are not made....they are prayed for.
Gifts received are not always tangible.
Family may not always be friends.
Friends sometimes take the place of Family.
14 days in CT is a bit much, but 7 is not enough.
Old habits die hard, new ones bring life!

Anyways...it was great...and now I am back into the grind of going to school and teaching. Its and adventure as always. For those of you I saw while I was home...thanks...thanks for the gift of family and friendship. I am so thankful.

Love...love...love...

No comments: